What is the full form of PSI?
In Police, PSI stands for Police Sub Inspector. PSI is the lowest-ranked officer who can file a charge sheet in court under Indian Police rules and regulations. Officers subordinate to him cannot file charge sheets but can only investigate cases on his behalf. SI can be a station house officer in some states like Kerala. SI is generally accompanied by a few police personnel (like ASI, head constable, constables).
- Age limit is 18 to 28 in most states with relaxation as per some category rules.
- Height 5′ 6″ in which chest is 79-84 inches which is not applicable for women the height for them is also 157cms.
- You must be physically fit.
- After Published Advt. Candidates should have PET and PST passed.
- Physical Efficiency Test (PET) is 1600 meters run and 20 pushups in 6:30 minutes.
PSIs are recruited in service by qualifying the exam conducted by the Staff Selection Commission Central Police Organisation (SSC CPO). Once the candidates are selected, they are recruited as ASI and after a few years of service are promoted as PSIs. Apart from the Police organisations, the PSIs are also recruited in the other law enforcement agencies such as Motor Transport ands everal paramilitary forces such as BSF, CISF, CBI, ITBP and CRPF also have this post.